One of the greatest Romantic poets of the 19th century, John Keats published just 54 poems during his tragically short life. Many of his most-loved and studied poems and letters are the result of a passionate but unconsummated love affair with Fanny Brawne, the woman Keats fell in love with aged 24 only to die one year later.
A love that burned brightly but briefly, the romance between Keats and Brawne fueled Keat’s poetry and inspired him to write some of the most beautiful lines of his career.
Read on for 15 John Keats quotes that’ll bring a bit of romance to your day.
1) On The Perfect Romantic Day
2) On Selfish Love
3) On Beauty That Lasts Forever
4) On Being A Martyr For Love
5) On the Holiness and Truth of Love
6) On Reality and Experience
7) On Skin Memory
8) On the Poetry of the Earth
9) On Dreamers
10) On Unheard Melodies
11) On Being Reborn in Love
12) On the Fleetingness of Life
13) On All You Need to Know
14) On a Thing of Beauty