Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Buddhist monk and as anyone who’s been to Vietnam or South East Asia in general will attest, he is one of many. What sets Thích Nhất Hạnh apart from other monks is his reach. Thích Nhất Hạnh’s teachings and writings have spread around the world, he has spent time as a professor in the US and his peace activism during the Vietnamese-American War saw him sent into exile from Vietnam and eventually settle in France.
A legendary teacher of Buddhist notions of mindfulness and interbeing, Thích Nhất Hạnh offers simple, measured advice on how to live a sincere and rewarding life in the 21st century. Central to his work is the question of how to reach your full potential as one component of a vast and interconnected universe.
Read on for 7 wise quotes from Zen Buddhist teacher Thích Nhất Hạnh on how to love
1) To Feed Your Own Happiness is to Love
2) To Understand Suffering is to Love
3) Your Actions are All you Own so Use them Wisely
4) Love for You is Love of the Whole Cosmos
5) True Love is Freedom
6) Freedom Can Lead to True Love
7) You are Both Made of Stars